Steering Committee Meeting
March 9, 2015 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
The Steering Committee is scheduled to meet Monday, March 9, 2015 at the SBCCOG/SBESC Office, located at 20285 S. Western Ave, Suite 100, Torrance, CA 90501. Lunch will be provided.
To ensure a quorum, please RSVP to email@example.com
I. REPORT OF POSTING OF AGENDA
- ACTION: Receive and file
II. ANNOUNCEMENTS OF ANY CHANGES TO THE AGENDA
III. PUBLIC COMMENT
IV. OVERVIEW OF IMPORTANT CONSENT CALENDAR ITEMS – 12:05 pm
V. CONSENT CALENDAR – action items noted, remainder are receive & file – 12:10 pm
- ACTION: Approve
B. Appointments to Outside Agencies
- The District #39 election completed for SCAG Regional Council with Jim Gazeley being re-elected.
- Election process to start for Metro South Bay Service Sector Council
C. Homeless Initiative Update
- City subcommittee – Mandoki (Lawndale), Jackson (Torrance), Hoefgen (Redondo Beach), Goodson (Hawthorne), Bakaly (Hermosa Beach)
- PATH is revising their proposal and once it is received, the subcommittee will review it
- Extension: First Amendment to the California Energy Efficiency Strategic Plan Phase Three Implementation Contract between SBCCOG and SCE – attached
- Extension and Scope Addition: Second Amendment to Professional Services Agreement between SBCCOG and Atkins – attached
- ACTION: Recommend Board approval
E. Legislative Advocacy
- CPUC Commissioner Liane Randolph responded to our welcome letter that when she is in LA, she would try to get to our office and hear about our programs.
- LAAFB letter of support to be sent
- April 9 – next Legislative Briefing and Breakfast
F. 2014 Form 700s needed for SBCCOG by March 27
G. Transportation Issues
J. Possible Go See trips
- LA Air Force Base Tour – April/May – still haven’t made contact
- Machado Lake Tour – working with Buscaino’s office re: timing
- AQMD Lab Tour – overview of SCAQMD and their successes and challenges and a video. Proceed to a lab tour and then a display of some green cars. Up to 25 people. The lab tour consists of an overview of what the lab does, equipment and a sample test. No Mondays and not the first Friday. 2 hours – in Diamond Bar – June/July
VI. ACTION ITEMS
K. General Assembly – Lessons Learned – 12:15 pm
- As of March 2, 10 sponsorships still need to be paid
- The GA was designed to kick off a continuing conversation with stakeholder about the challenges and opportunities facing the SB over the next 10 years. Using the SBCCOG website and GA Facebook page we plan to pose questions perhaps once a month such as:
- By decade of residence – who moved or was born here in 50s, 60s, 70s, etc. For each decade, tell what you miss that isn’t there anymore.
- What destination have you walked to and from home in the last 6 months? Do you always walk when you go there or do you drive sometimes?
- If you had a magic wand, what routine (common/frequent) destination would you make appear near your home so that you could walk all the time?
- ACTION: Provide feedback on Program, materials, agenda for the day speakers, exhibits, timing, attendance, etc.
L. Measure R South Bay Highway Program (SBHP) – 12:30 pm
- Mobility Matrix presentation by Renee Berlin
- South Bay Cities Mobility Matrix Final Project Report – memo attached
- Letter to Metro Board of Directors re: Proposed Sales Tax – attached
- Project Reporting and Oversight Policy Changes – memo and chart attached
- Scope of work and budget with Iteris to update the Implementation Plan – attached
- ACTION: Recommend to Board accepting the SBCCOG Mobility Matrix Final Project Report
- ACTION: Recommend to Board to approve project reporting and oversight policy changes
- ACTION: Approve sending the letter to the Metro Board of Directors re: proposed sales tax (time critical)
- ACTION: Approve contract with Iteris (time critical)
M. WBMWD’s Recycled Water Projects – Request for Support – 1:00 pm
- Memo attached
- 2 letters of support attached; 3rd letter to be available at the meeting
- ACTION: Recommend that the SBCCOG Board approve the attached letters of support and urge our members to send their own letters of support.
N. So Cal ROC update – 1:10 pm
- Memo attached
- Recommend that the SBCCOG Board approve a letter to our legislators concerning the importance of the grant program in the Governor’s budget to SoCal ROC and ask each of our cities to write a letter as well.
- Consider working with other interested stakeholders to form a Foundation with the concurrence of the SoCal ROC Board.
- ACTION: Recommend Board approval to send USDOT letter
P. SCAG Appointment to the Energy and Environment Committee (EEC) – 1:15 pm
- Redondo Beach Councilman Stephen Sammarco is the SBCCOG representative on the SCAG EEC Committee. He attended only 3 meetings in 2014 and none to date in 2015.
- On March 1, Councilman Sammarco was notified via e-mail that this item would be on this agenda if he wanted to attend.
- ACTION: Provide direction
Q. Finance Issues – 1:25 pm
- Resolution designating Lomita City Treasurer as SBCCOG Treasurer to be on March Board agenda
- 2014-2015 Mid-Year Budget Revision – to be sent separately
- 2015-2016 Dues Memo and chart attached
- ACTION: Recommend to Board a 7% dues increase over the next 5 years with the assessment eliminated.
- ACTION: Recommend to Board approval of Mid-Year Budget
R. Approval of Invoices – available at the meeting – 1:40 pm
- ACTION: Approve invoices for payment
- March meeting – Mobility Matrix Presentation, Update from Senator Isadore Hall and Recognitions for Pam O’Connor & Karen Avilla
- April meeting – Ellen Perkins, Annual Work Program Review
- May meeting – Annual Budget Review, Nomination of Officers
- June – Budget adoption, Election of Officers
VII. STRATEGIC POSITIONING ITEMS/ANNOUNCEMENTS AND UPDATES
T. Sustainability updates – 1:50 pm
- SCAG update
U. Other updates since agenda distribution – 2:00 pm
NEXT STEERING COMMITTEE MEETING – Tuesday, April 13, 2015 @ 12:00 pm
PLEASE CONSULT WEBSITE IF YOU ARE NOT SURE ABOUT THE MEETING SCHEDULES