Infrastructure Working Group Nov 28
November 28, 2007 @ 11:30 am - 1:30 pm
Infrastructure Working Group Lunch Meeting
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
LOCATION: Blue Water Grill, 665 North Harbor Drive, Redondo Beach 90277
For map of location go to www.bluewatergrill.com.
To ensure seating for everyone, please RSVP your attendance by Monday, November 26, 2007 to Kim Fuentes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOCIAL & ORDER LUNCH – 11:30 A.M. to 11:50 A.M.
MEETING – 11:50 A.M. to 1:30 P.M.
Agenda (posted below) will include:
Wireless Vehicle Detector System — Hamed Benouar, Sensys Networks will provide information on a new technology for vehicle detection which provides an accurate and cost effective wireless method for vehicle detection. This system can be used to improved freeway and arterial operations, travel time, and performance measures.
South Bay Energy Savings Center – Marilyn Lyon, Program Manager, South Bay Energy Savings Center, SBCCOG will be talking about the programs offered by the SBESC including:
- green building – new construction and city roadmap for green building policy
- energy efficient street lighting and joint procurement
- water savings through improved use of smart controllers, sprinkler heads, restroom retrofits, and water brooms
- rebates through SCE and the Gas Company – special project rebate consideration
- free energy and water surveys for cities that have not started projects with the SBESC yet
Please invite facility staff from your city that would be interested in these energy programs.
(Cost of lunch, including soft drinks, coffee, dessert, and tip, is $20.00 per person. Payment will be collected during the meeting.) Lunch selection will be available at the meeting.
Next meeting is Wednesday, January 23, 2008. No meeting in December. Also, cost of lunch will be raised to $25.00 person starting in January 2008.