Steering Committee Meeting
August 9 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
The Steering Committee is scheduled to meet Monday, August 9th, 2021.
To address the SBCCOG Steering Committee on any agenda item or a matter within the Steering Committee’s purview, please provide written comments by 11:00am, August 9, 2021 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All written comments submitted will become part of the official record. Unless otherwise noted in the Agenda, the Public can only provide written comment on SBCCOG related business that is within the jurisdiction of the SBCCOG and/or items listed on the Agenda which will be addressed during the Public Comment portion of the meeting (Item #IV).
ACCESSING THE MEETING:
The meeting will take place at Richmond Bar & Grill located at 145 Richmond St, El Segundo, CA 90245.
- CONFIRM THE QUORUM
- REPORT OF POSTING OF AGENDA
- ACTION: Receive and file
- ANNOUNCEMENTS OF ANY CHANGES TO THE AGENDA
- PUBLIC COMMENT
- CONSENT CALENDAR – action items noted, remainder are receive & file – 12:05 pm
- Steering Committee – July 12, 2021 meeting minutes attached
- Request for Destruction of Records
- Contract Extension with City of Redondo Beach for Enhanced Response Pilot Program (Measure H Innovation Funds)
- Amendment attached
- ACTION: Approve
- Dues and Assessment Received
- Dues and Assessments received and paid in full: El Segundo, Lomita, Palos Verdes Estates, Redondo Beach, Torrance
- Dues paid in full with partial assessment ($1000): Rolling Hills
- Lawndale notified us that they are not paying assessment
- City Attendance at SBCCOG meetings – attached
- South Bay Environmental Services Center Activities Report – attached
- Transportation Update Report – attached
- Legislative Issues
- Legislative Matrix attached
- Items to monitor – nothing to report as of August 1
- County Supervisorial Redistricting
- OCCOG lawsuit
- ACTION: Oppose AB 602 (highlighted on page 9 of matrix) and due to timing of legislative session, report to the Board
- Approval of Invoices – available at the meeting
VII. INFORMATION ITEMS
- Update on Homeless Program – 12:10 pm
- Call for Projects due August 10, 2021. All SBCCOG members are encouraged to submit an application (s) for this round of competitive funding.
- The funding is for projects from January 1, 2022-June 30, 2023
- New County Blue Ribbon Commission on LAHSA – Christian Horvath will represent LA County COG’s along with Monrovia Councilmember Becky Shevlin with Gilbert Saldate, Gateway COG homeless staff as an alternate
VIII. STRATEGIC POSITIONING ITEMS/ANNOUNCEMENTS AND UPDATES
- Other updates since agenda distribution – 12:15 pm
NEXT STEERING COMMITTEE MEETING – Monday, September 13, 2021 @ 12:00 pm via zoom????
STRATEGIC PLANNING SESSION – 12:20 PM