Steering Committee Meeting
April 13, 2015 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
The Steering Committee is scheduled to meet Monday, April 13, 2015 at the SBCCOG/SBESC Office, located at 20285 S. Western Ave, Suite 100, Torrance, CA 90501. Lunch will be provided.
To ensure a quorum, please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
I. REPORT OF POSTING OF AGENDA
- ACTION: Receive and file
II. ANNOUNCEMENTS OF ANY CHANGES TO THE AGENDA
III. PUBLIC COMMENT
IV. OVERVIEW OF IMPORTANT CONSENT CALENDAR ITEMS – 12:05 pm
V. CONSENT CALENDAR – action items noted, remainder are receive & file – 12:10 pm
- ACTION: Approve
B. Homeless Initiative Update
- Proposal revised. Total down from $800,000 to $734,209 but PATH will be providing services of $132,564 so that the net cost to fund the proposal will be $601,645.
- City managers discussed next steps, which will be meetings with Supervisors Knabe & Ridley-Thomas staff.
- Request to co-sponsor a meeting on the 2015 Homeless Count for the South Bay – July 7 at the Carson Community Center from SPA 8. This would entail lending our name and requesting a fee waiver from the city.
- ACTION: Co-sponsor
C. General Assembly
- Carson Community Center to be reserved for 2016
- Checks outstanding as of 3/30/15 – 6 sponsors outstanding
- The first General Assembly follow-up question on our website: http://www.southbaycities.org/featured-content/continuing-conversation-after-general-assembly
D. Annual 2014 Form 700s – 4 outstanding as of April 5, 2015
E. Grant Opportunities & Awards
- 3/24/15 – $49,000 scope of work for the term of July 1 to December 31, 2015 submitted to LA DWP for the SBESC to provide outreach services. Buscaino supportive – waiting for approval from DWP.
- Demo/Pilot Event Ride Share program for 2 years at $125K/year is now in the Ride Share Budget for FY 15 – contract from Metro to SBCCOG with Ride Amigos
F. Transportation Issues
H. Special Event
- Machado Lake Tour – April 27, 11 am – RSVP @ email@example.com
I. Possible Go See trips
- LA Air Force Base Tour
- AQMD Lab Tour – overview of SCAQMD and their successes and challenges and a video. Proceed to a lab tour and then a display of some green cars. Up to 25 people. The lab tour consists of an overview of what the lab does, equipment and a sample test. No Mondays and not the first Friday. 2 hours – in Diamond Bar. – June/July
J. Board meeting agenda development
- April 23, 2015 – attached – Recognitions of Ellen Perkins and Marcella Low, Annual Work Program Review, 20th Anniversary
- May meeting – Dues vote, Annual Budget Review, Nomination of Officers, Recognition of Green Ambassadors from Environmental Charter High School
- June – Budget adoption, Election of Officers – conflicts with LCC in Monterey
VI. ACTION ITEMS FOR FURTHER DISCUSSION
K. Measure R South Bay Highway Program (SBHP) – 12:20 pm
- Hermosa Beach Request for SBHP Funding for PCH PAED – memo attached
- ACTION: Recommend Board approval of Hermosa Beach funding request contingent on letter of request from the City Council arriving before the Board meeting
- 2016 LA County Transportation Ballot Measure – Metro’s Call for Priority Projects – memo, letter and Metro motion by Director Butts attached
- ACTION: Recommend Board approval to send a letter to the Metro Board requesting that the deadline for submitting “Tier 1” and Tier 2” lists be deferred until after the results of the initial polling and the Financial Stability report have been reviewed by the Metro Board and the COGs
L. Appointments to Outside Agencies – 12:35 pm
- John Jones – Torrance Community Services Director, is representing the SBCCOG on the LA County Steering Committee for the county’s the Countywide Comprehensive Park & Rec. Needs Assessment
- The election process closes April 24 for 3 seats on the Metro South Bay Service Sector Council. Nominated as of April 5, 2015 – Elaine Jeng, John Addleman
- SCAG EEC vacancy – Interest expressed by Hermosa Beach Councilmember Hany Fangary, Hawthorne Mayor Chris Brown, Lawndale Mayor Pro Tem Jim Osborne – applicants were invited to attend today’s meeting
- ACTION: Select SBCCOG representative to SCAG EEC Committee
- 2 Year Policy for Re-appointment to SBCCOG representative for Outside Agencies – memo attached
- ACTION: Provide direction
M. Nominating Committee – 12:50 pm
- It is time to appoint the annual Nominating Committee so that they can report at the May Board meeting.
- The Nominating Committee nominates the Chair, 1st Vice Chair, 2nd Vice Chair and 4 at large Steering Committee members.
- ACTION: Appoint Nominating Committee
N. Best Cities for Successful Aging Pledge – 12:55 pm
- The SBCCOG Senior Services Working Group has asked the SBCCOG to consider distributing the attached pledge to our cities and request their adoption.
- ACTION: Recommend Board adoption
O. Sub-Lease – 1:00 pm
- Memo and sub-lease agreement attached
- ACTION: Recommend Board adoption of the Second Amendment to the lease agreement with Maritz Holdings, Inc., effective May 19, 2015 and ending November 30, 2019 including up to $23,151.66 in Tenant Improvements and/or Rent Abatement.
P. Approval of Invoices – available at the meeting – 1:10 pm
- ACTION: Approve invoices for payment
Q. Legislative Advocacy – 1:15 pm
- Streetlight purchase by cities has been stopped by SCE. We are trying to find out more details concerning why and for how long and will report back when we find out
- Follow-up from Legislative Breakfast
- Requests for individual appointments with legislators have been made
- Meetings with CEC on April 21 to discuss the criteria for their grant programs
- Report on Annual CALCOG conference
- ACTION: Provide direction as required
VII. STRATEGIC POSITIONING ITEMS/ANNOUNCEMENTS AND UPDATES
R. Sustainability updates – 1:25 pm
- 2016-2040 RTP/SCS – how the SBCCOG should stay informed and involved – timeline attached
- Participation in LAEDC’s e-mobility alliance re: autonomous vehicle promotion
S. Other updates since agenda distribution – 1:35 pm
NEXT STEERING COMMITTEE MEETING – Tuesday, May 11, 2015 @ 12:00 pm
PLEASE CONSULT WEBSITE IF YOU ARE NOT SURE ABOUT THE MEETING SCHEDULES