Steering Committee Meeting
October 12, 2015 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
The Steering Committee is scheduled to meet Monday, October 12, 2015 at the SBCCOG/SBESC Office, located at 20285 S. Western Ave, Suite 100, Torrance, CA 90501. Lunch will be provided.
To ensure a quorum, please RSVP to email@example.com
I. REPORT OF POSTING OF AGENDA
- ACTION: Receive and file
II. ANNOUNCEMENTS OF ANY CHANGES TO THE AGENDA – CONTRACT FOR SERVICES OF AN INSTALLER – TIME CRITICAL, added after Item N
III. PUBLIC COMMENT
IV. CONSENT CALENDAR – action items noted, remainder are receive & file – 12:05 pm
- ACTION: Approve
B. Transportation Issues
C. Agendas for SBCCOG meetings posted by city clerks in the following cities: El Segundo, Hawthorne, Hermosa Beach, Lomita, LA City, Manhattan Beach, Palos Verdes Estates, Rancho Palos Verdes, Redondo Beach, Rolling Hills, Rolling Hills Estates, Torrance
V. INFORMATION ITEMS
- Status of Holiday Light Exchange, Green Building Challenge & Volunteer reception
E. Legislative Advocacy – 12:20 pm
- Report on Legislative Briefing and Breakfast
- Legislative Matrix – attached
F. Homeless Initiative Update – 12:25 pm
- Update at the meeting
G. Special Events – 12:30 pm
- AQMD Lab Tour – October 15. Another date will be requested as well – December 10??
- Meeting for Agency and Industry Stakeholders re: BEV Report Findings – November 12
- Metro Bikeshare at November Livable Communities Working Group meeting
- RTP/SCS workshop with Hasan – January 11 after Steering Committee – 1:30 pm
- LA Air Force Base Tour – Suzanne Fuentes is working on a date
H. General Assembly – February 26, 2016 – 12:35 pm
- Update program development, schedule, sponsors
- October: Phil Washington, Metro CEO confirmed
- November: WBMWD Desalination speaker confirmed (General Manager Nagel or Deshmukh, Asst Gen Mgr)
- January: Blue Zone report?
VI. ACTION ITEMS FOR FURTHER DISCUSSION
J. Express Lane Project – 12:50 pm
- Request an accounting of the revenues and expenditures from the I-110 ExpressLane project since its inception in November 2012.
- ACTION: Recommend Board approve request
K. Measure R South Bay Highway Program (SBHP) – 12:55 pm
- Memo attached re: policies for developing the 2016-2017 budget request to Metro
- ACTION: Due to time constraints to prepare the Metro Budget request, approve attached policies and the process for the 2016-17 Metro Budget Request. The policies will be presented to the Board for their ratification.
L. Financial Policies and Procedures – 1:15 pm
- Policies and Procedures document attached
- ACTION: Review and recommend Board approval
M. Approval of Invoices – available at the meeting – 1:30 pm
- ACTION: Approve invoices for payment
N. Strategic Plan – 1:35 pm
- The Board approved updating Strategic Plan twice a year instead of quarterly. One time will be in April when the coming year’s work plan is presented. The second time was scheduled to be 6 months later which is October.
- In order to reflect the first 6 months of the year, it is recommended that the second update be in January with the presentation of the mid-year budget.
- ACTION: Recommend to Board that Strategic Plan updates be provided twice per year at the April meeting concurrent with the Work Plan presentation and at the January meeting with the Mid-Year Budget presentation
N.1 – Contract for Services of an Installer to Consult on EVCS Project
- Memo attached
- ACTION: Approve a contract with On Target for consulting services to determine the cost and issues associated with installing EVCS in MUDs for a cost not to exceed $5,730 to be paid for through the CEC grant and inform the Board at the October Board meeting.
VII. STRATEGIC POSITIONING ITEMS/ANNOUNCEMENTS AND UPDATES
O. Sustainability updates – 1:40 pm
- 2016-2040 RTP/SCS
- Data use concerns
- BEV report update
P. Other updates since agenda distribution – 1:55 pm
NEXT STEERING COMMITTEE MEETING – Tuesday, November 9, 2015 @ 12:00 pm
PLEASE CONSULT WEBSITE IF YOU ARE NOT SURE ABOUT THE MEETING SCHEDULES