Steering Committee Meeting
October 12, 2015 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
The Steering Committee is scheduled to meet Monday, October 12, 2015 at the SBCCOG/SBESC Office, located at 20285 S. Western Ave, Suite 100, Torrance, CA 90501. Lunch will be provided.
To ensure a quorum, please RSVP to [email protected]
I. REPORT OF POSTING OF AGENDA
- ACTION: Receive and file
II. ANNOUNCEMENTS OF ANY CHANGES TO THE AGENDA – CONTRACT FOR SERVICES OF AN INSTALLER – TIME CRITICAL, added after Item N
III. PUBLIC COMMENT
IV. CONSENT CALENDAR – action items noted, remainder are receive & file – 12:05 pm
A. Steering Committee – September 14, 2015 meeting minutes – attached
- ACTION: Approve
B. Transportation Issues
C. Agendas for SBCCOG meetings posted by city clerks in the following cities: El Segundo, Hawthorne, Hermosa Beach, Lomita, LA City, Manhattan Beach, Palos Verdes Estates, Rancho Palos Verdes, Redondo Beach, Rolling Hills, Rolling Hills Estates, Torrance
V. INFORMATION ITEMS
D. South Bay Environmental Services Center Activities Report – attached – 12:10 pm
- Status of Holiday Light Exchange, Green Building Challenge & Volunteer reception
E. Legislative Advocacy – 12:20 pm
- Report on Legislative Briefing and Breakfast
- Legislative Matrix – attached
F. Homeless Initiative Update – 12:25 pm
- Update at the meeting
G. Special Events – 12:30 pm
- AQMD Lab Tour – October 15. Another date will be requested as well – December 10??
- Meeting for Agency and Industry Stakeholders re: BEV Report Findings – November 12
- Metro Bikeshare at November Livable Communities Working Group meeting
- RTP/SCS workshop with Hasan – January 11 after Steering Committee – 1:30 pm
- LA Air Force Base Tour – Suzanne Fuentes is working on a date
H. General Assembly – February 26, 2016 – 12:35 pm
- Update program development, schedule, sponsors
I. Board meeting agenda development – 12:45 pm – attached
- October: Phil Washington, Metro CEO confirmed
- November: WBMWD Desalination speaker confirmed (General Manager Nagel or Deshmukh, Asst Gen Mgr)
- January: Blue Zone report?
VI. ACTION ITEMS FOR FURTHER DISCUSSION
J. Express Lane Project – 12:50 pm
- Request an accounting of the revenues and expenditures from the I-110 ExpressLane project since its inception in November 2012.
- ACTION: Recommend Board approve request
K. Measure R South Bay Highway Program (SBHP) – 12:55 pm
- Memo attached re: policies for developing the 2016-2017 budget request to Metro
- ACTION: Due to time constraints to prepare the Metro Budget request, approve attached policies and the process for the 2016-17 Metro Budget Request. The policies will be presented to the Board for their ratification.
L. Financial Policies and Procedures – 1:15 pm
- Policies and Procedures document attached
- ACTION: Review and recommend Board approval
M. Approval of Invoices – available at the meeting – 1:30 pm
- ACTION: Approve invoices for payment
N. Strategic Plan – 1:35 pm
- The Board approved updating Strategic Plan twice a year instead of quarterly. One time will be in April when the coming year’s work plan is presented. The second time was scheduled to be 6 months later which is October.
- In order to reflect the first 6 months of the year, it is recommended that the second update be in January with the presentation of the mid-year budget.
- ACTION: Recommend to Board that Strategic Plan updates be provided twice per year at the April meeting concurrent with the Work Plan presentation and at the January meeting with the Mid-Year Budget presentation
N.1 – Contract for Services of an Installer to Consult on EVCS Project
- Memo attached
- ACTION: Approve a contract with On Target for consulting services to determine the cost and issues associated with installing EVCS in MUDs for a cost not to exceed $5,730 to be paid for through the CEC grant and inform the Board at the October Board meeting.
VII. STRATEGIC POSITIONING ITEMS/ANNOUNCEMENTS AND UPDATES
O. Sustainability updates – 1:40 pm
- 2016-2040 RTP/SCS
- Data use concerns
- BEV report update
P. Other updates since agenda distribution – 1:55 pm
NEXT STEERING COMMITTEE MEETING – Tuesday, November 9, 2015 @ 12:00 pm
PLEASE CONSULT WEBSITE IF YOU ARE NOT SURE ABOUT THE MEETING SCHEDULES