Steering Committee Meeting
March 14, 2016 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
The Steering Committee is scheduled to meet Monday, March 14, 2016 at the SBCCOG/SBESC Office, located at 20285 S. Western Ave, Suite 100, Torrance, CA 90501. Lunch will be provided.
To ensure a quorum, please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
I. REPORT OF POSTING OF AGENDA
- ACTION: Receive and file
II. ANNOUNCEMENTS OF ANY CHANGES TO THE AGENDA
III. PUBLIC COMMENT
IV. CONSENT CALENDAR – action items noted, remainder are receive & file – 12:05 pm
- ACTION: Approve
- ACTION: Recommend Board approval
D. Southern California Gas Company Purchase Order for joint work with DWP
- General terms and conditions attached. Still under review by legal counsel
- ACTION: Recommend Board approval subject to legal counsel review
E. Senior Services & Social Media Working Groups
- Waiting for a proposal from Uber and grandpad for pilot senior transportation program for the South Bay
- Senior Services Working Group next meets on March 22, 2016 and the Social Media Working Group will meet on May 12, 2016
- Green Building Challenge – 105 participants as of March 7
H. Commitment letters from new appointees to outside agencies
- Outstanding – Howorth
V. INFORMATION ITEMS
I. Special Events – 12:10 pm
- AQMD Lab Tour – March 30. 4 RSVPs as of 3/7/16
- LA Air Force Base Tour
- Possible future presentation topics
- LAWA ground access improvements
- Gail Goldberg, Strategic Growth Council member
- Gerald Desmond Bridge construction project
- Donna Turner from the LAAFB
- Add CCA update and report by Christian to Board agendas?
K. Measure R – 12:20 pm
- Update on Administration
L. Metro Service Council Selection Update – 12:30 pm
- The terms for 3 seats are expiring – Jim Goodhart, Roye Love and Paula Faust (representing the Municipal Transit Operators).
- Jim Goodhart not seeking re-appointment. Haven’t heard from the other two.
- 4th seat also to be filled. Devon Deming, LAWA Transportation Coordinator resigned.
- Candidates as of March 7 – Elaine Jeng
- Deadline for nominations – March 31 @ 5 pm
M. Smart Mobility Tool Project Status – 12:35 pm
N. Information Technology Services Upgrade Status Report – 12:40 pm
VI. ACTION ITEMS FOR FURTHER DISCUSSION
O. Lessons Learned on the General Assembly – 12:45 pm
- Memo – attached
- Date for next year – current date conflicts with Sheriff/City Mgr meeting
- 2 late sponsorships! – total $68,250 in cash; about $6000 in kind
- ACTION: Provide comments to the staff
P. Homeless Services Committee – 12:55 pm
- Draft Mission statement attached
- ACTION: Provide comments to committee
Q. Committee on Distruptive Technology and Budget Impacts of the Shared Economy – 1:00 pm
- Recommended at the last Steering Committee meeting with Howorth as chair
- Update on mission of committee at the meeting
R. Metro Update on Long Range Transportation Plan, Proposed Sales Tax Report and Call for Projects Restructuring – 1:10 pm
- Memo attached
- ACTION: Recommend Board support changes to the expenditure plan
S. South Bay Net, a sub-regional broadband initiative – 1:15 pm
- Potential funding for feasibility study through SBWIB
T. Appointment to Outside Agency – 1:20 pm
- With the requirement to open up SBCCOG appointments to outside agencies every 2 years, it is time to request nominations for the League of California Cities Legislative Committee representative which is a position currently being held by Rolling Hills Councilmember Bea Dieringer. She was appointed in June 2014.
- Councilmember Dieringer is an active member of the committee.
- All other appointments are going to be ‘open’ in June 2017. Memo attached.
- ACTION: Instead of opening nominations for this position at this time, extend the LCC Leg. Comm for an additional year to June 2017 so that this appointment is on the same cycle as the rest of the outside agency appointments.
U. Legislative Issues – 1:25 pm
- Legislative Matrix – attached
- SB 743 comment letter – available at the meeting
- ACTION: Recommend that the Board approve the matrix positions and the SB 743 letter for distribution
V. Approval of Invoices – available at the meeting – 1:30 pm
- Intern with HBG
- ACTION: Approve invoices for payment
VII. STRATEGIC POSITIONING ITEMS/ANNOUNCEMENTS AND UPDATES
W. Sustainability Initiatives – 1:35 pm
- Electric Vehicle Charging Station Siting and Installation – CEC grant
- This program focuses on identifying and eliminating the barriers to electric vehicle charging at multi residential dwellings (MUD). Outreach efforts continue to recruit Property Management companies to become Study Partners for the purpose of allowing site visits and surveys at identified apartments and HOAs. Contact was made and support obtained for South California Edison to provide expertise and assistance in the critical aspect of “power to the panel” as well as their new and existing EVCS programs; a meeting to discuss their “Charge Ready” program is scheduled for early March. A draft report from the Luskin Center has been received and is being reviewed by SBCCOG staff.
- An update on the report by Luskin Center which explores the MUD barrier to PEV adoption and considers potential home charging solutions for MUD residents living in the South Bay subregion will be presented at the meeting
- Comments to CARB on Clean Vehicle Rebate Program
X. Other updates since agenda distribution – 1:50 pm
NEXT STEERING COMMITTEE MEETING – Monday, April 11, 2016 @ 12:00 pm
PLEASE CONSULT WEBSITE IF YOU ARE NOT SURE ABOUT THE MEETING SCHEDULES