Steering Committee Meeting
December 14, 2020 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
The Steering Committee is scheduled to meet Monday, December 14th, 2020 via Zoom.
To address the SBCCOG Steering Committee on any agenda item or a matter within the Steering Committee’s purview, please provide written comments by 11:00am, December 14, 2020 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All written comments submitted will become part of the official record. Unless otherwise noted in the Agenda, the Public can only provide written comment on SBCCOG related business that is within the jurisdiction of the SBCCOG and/or items listed on the Agenda which will be addressed during the Public Comment portion of the meeting (Item #IV).
ACCESSING THE MEETING:
Receive Zoom meeting credentials in advance of the meeting by using the below link:
To access the Zoom meeting, visit https://zoom.us/join or call (669) 900-9833 and use Meeting ID: 946 3244 4212; Passcode: 185297
To ensure a quorum, please RSVP to email@example.com
I.CONFIRM THE QUORUM
II.REPORT OF POSTING OF AGENDA
- ACTION: Receive and file
III. ANNOUNCEMENTS OF ANY CHANGES TO THE AGENDA – ADD LEGISLATIVE MATRIX – 2 BILLS FOR CONSIDERATION
V.CONSENT CALENDAR – action items noted, remainder are receive & file – 12:05 pm
- ACTION: Approve
B.Resolution 2020-1 and 2020-2 to designate new SBCCOG Treasurer
- With the election of SBCCOG and Hawthorne Treasurer David Patterson to the Hawthorne City Council, the SBCCOG needed to find a new treasurer. We are delighted that Joseph Lillio, El Segundo Director of Finance, has volunteered to take over the position.
- Resolution 2020-1 – A Resolution of the Governing Board of the South Bay Cities Council of Governments Designating a Treasurer of the South Bay Cities Council of Governments – attached
- Resolution 2020-2 – A resolution of the Governing Board of the South Bay Cities Council of Governments Authorizing Investment of Mones in the Local Agency Investment Fund – attached
- ACTION: Approve Resolutions 2020-1 and 2020-2
- We have 4 different contracts with the Energy Coalition (TEC) for the SoCalREN work. These are all for time extensions through Aug. 2021.
- We didn’t need funding added as they over funded the contracts for 2020 and the current amount will get us through Aug at our current spend.
- ACTION: Approve 4 attached contract amendments
D.“Office warming” Gifts from cities
- Responses from: Carson, El Segundo, Hawthorne, Hermosa Beach, Lomita, Palos
Verdes Estates, Rancho Palos Verdes, Rolling Hills, Rolling Hills Estates, Torrance
VI. ACTION ITEMS
- Report on Health Department formation research
- Staff, with assistance of El Segundo staff, has been in touch with Beach Cities Health District and the Cities of Pasadena, Santa Clarita, Vernon, Whittier and other subregions as of 12/6/20
- Memos attached and updates at the meeting
- ACTION: Provide direction
H.Items from the Transportation Committee – 12:25 pm
- Monthly Transportation Report – attached
- Metro Highway Program Modernization Guildelines – memos to Transportation Committee attached
- ACTION: Approve letter to Metro re: SBCCOG comments to guidelines
J.Consideration of Director of Regional Planning/Development for the SBCCOG with special assessment – 12:40 pm
- Draft scope of work attached
- 2010-2011 special assessment categories attached as an example
- ACTION: Discuss and authorize review by Community Development Directors and City Managers
K.Santa Monica Bay Restoration Commission Alternate Vacancy – 12:55 pm
- With Palos Verdes Estates Councilman Kenny Kao leaving office, there is a vacancy for the alternate position on the SMBRC. Redondo Beach Mayor Bill Brand is the delegate.
- Only member agencies of the Santa Monica Bay Restoration Commission (SMBRC) are eligible. They are El Segundo, Hermosa Beach, Inglewood, Manhattan Beach,
Palos Verdes Estates, Rancho Palos Verdes, Redondo Beach, Rolling Hills, Rolling Hills Estates and Torrance.
- The Governing Board meets 6 times a year, even numbered months, typically the third Thursday of that month. Meetings start at 9:30 a.m.
- ACTION: Open nominations
L.Board Meeting agenda development – 1:00 pm
- January – LTN report , LAWA presentation on Draft EIR
- February – SCAG President Rex Richardson listening session, – Request fron CSUDH to provide economic forecast
- March – General Assembly
- April – AQMD REP?
- At the request of Rolling Hills Councilmember Dieringer, discuss information that needs to go to the Board and attachments that need to be included in the agenda
- ACTION: Recommend programs of interest for Board presentations and provide direction on RH Councilman Dieringer’s concerns
M.Approval of Invoices – available at the meeting – 1:10 pm
- ACTION: Approve invoices for payment
VII. INFORMATION ITEMS
N.Legislative Issues – 1:15 pm
- SBCCOG Legislative Briefing – January 14
- LCC/SBACC/SBCCOG Meet and Greet possibly in February. Looking for a date
- Status of housing papers and prep for legislative visits
O.Update on the South Bay Fiber Network – 1:20 pm
P.Update on Homeless Program and Innovation Project Funding – 1:25 pm
- Next meeting – January 6, 2021
Q.Update on Senior Services – 1:30 pm
- Next meeting – January 26, 2021
R.General Assembly Update – March 18, 2021 – 1:35 pm
- Status of consultant contract options
VIII. STRATEGIC POSITIONING ITEMS/ANNOUNCEMENTS AND UPDATES
- Other updates since agenda distribution – 1:40 pm
NEXT STEERING COMMITTEE MEETING – Monday, January 11, 2021 @ 12:00 pm via zoom