South Bay Cities Green Task Force Mtg Apr 29
April 26, 2010 @ 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm
The South Bay Cities Green Task Force met April 29, 2010 in the City of Redondo Beach. Please find the meeting agenda and resources below.
South Bay Cities Green Task Force
Thursday, April 29, 2010
1:30 pm – 3:30 pm
Redondo Beach Public Library
303 N. Pacific Coast Highway, Redondo Beach, CA
Speakers’ Power Point Presentations -Please click to open the presentation.
Welcome & Introductions (1:30 pm)
– Jacki Bacharach, SBCCOG
– Mayor Mike Gin, City of Redondo Beach (invited)
Report from SBCCOG & SBESC (1:40 pm)
– Jacki Bacharach, SBCCOG and AB811 (LA County Energy Program) update
– Grace Farwell-Granger, SBESC
Status on Community Inventory (1:55 pm)
– Heidi Aten
Speakers (2:00 pm)
– Kevin Devito, CyberCity 3D (2:00 pm)
The El Segundo 3D Carbon Calculator is the first-ever 3D portal built on Google Earth for
environmental awareness. An innovative and immersive way to learn about your carbon
footprint, save energy expense, and engage with your friends and community.
– Faye Angelo and Andy Delgado, Gateways to Green Building (2:40 pm)
Faye and Andy from CCEO YouthBuild are training partners of SBWIB’s GGB Pre-
Apprenticeship Program that is designed to prepare new workforce entrants, the
unemployed and underemployed workers for candidacy and entrance into registered
apprenticeship programs and/or employment in green building occupations and careers.
Highlight Redondo Union High School(2:55 pm)
– Superintendent Steven Keller, Redondo Beach Unified School District
– Peter K. Phinney, AIA, LEED AP, VP Architecture, Bryant Palmer Soto, Inc.
City Information Sharing and Updates (3:10 pm)
– City of Redondo Beach
– City of El Segundo
– Any pertinent issues on which a city would like to report or raise
Other Business (3:20 pm)
– Green Purchasing Survey
Next steps (3:25 pm)
– Future meeting dates & topics (preliminary results from survey,
– Next Meeting July 29 – City of Hawthorne Memorial Center, Venus Room
Adjourn (3:30 pm)
With permission from the presenters, powerpoint presentations will be available on the www.southbaycities.org and sbesc.com