Steering Committee Meeting
December 14, 2015 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
The Steering Committee is scheduled to meet Monday, December 14, 2015 at the SBCCOG/SBESC Office, located at 20285 S. Western Ave, Suite 100, Torrance, CA 90501. Lunch will be provided.
To ensure a quorum, please RSVP to [email protected]
I. REPORT OF POSTING OF AGENDA
- ACTION: Receive and file
II. ANNOUNCEMENTS OF ANY CHANGES TO THE AGENDA
III. PUBLIC COMMENT
IV. CONSENT CALENDAR – action items noted, remainder are receive & file – 12:05 pm
A. Steering Committee – November 9, 2015 meeting minutes attached
- ACTION: Approve
B. Monthly Transportation Update attached
- Note – issues to be thinking about related to autonomous vehicles
V. INFORMATION ITEMS
C. South Bay Environmental Services Center Activities Report attached – 12:10 pm
- Note – progress to goal for Energy Leader Partnership
- Use of remaining Holiday Lights
D. Special Events – 12:15 pm
- LA Air Force Base Tour – Suzanne Fuentes is working on a date
- AQMD Lab Tour – comments?
- RTP/SCS workshop with Hasan – January 11 @ 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm
- Legislative Briefing and Breakfast – January 14 @ 8 am – confirm chair
E. Board meeting agenda development – 12:20 pm
- January: Blue Zone report – confirmed & possible SCE presentation
F. Update on Homeless Services Initiative – 12:25 pm
G. Update on the General Assembly – 12:30 pm
H. Solicitation for Marketing Consultant for Smart Mobility Tool Initiative – 12:35 pm
VI. ACTION ITEMS FOR FURTHER DISCUSSION
I. Chair of Senior Services Working Group – 12:40 pm
- The meetings of the Senior Services Working Group have been chaired by SBCCOG staff.
- Board member Britt Huff has volunteered to chair the working group and make regular reports to the Board of its activities.
- ACTION: Appoint Britt Huff as Chair of the Senior Services Working Group and notify Board in January
J. Management Staffing Services Contract – 12:45 pm
- Memo attached
- ACTION: Review process and schedule and determine how to proceed & select a subcommittee for whichever direction is approved
K. Measure R Project Management Courses – 1:00 pm
- Memo attached
- ACTION: Authorize the SBCCOG Executive Director to issue a task order soliciting for proposals to qualified firms on the SBHP Technical Services Bench for an introductory SBHP project management course and an SBHP Orientation Workshop for elected officials consistent with topics as described in Exhibit A.
- Request that the Infrastructure Working Group discuss the potential for the SBCCOG to work with a current PMP course provider to co-sponsor a course customized specifically to the SBHP program and its projects and seek to obtain a discount for SBCCOG Measure R agency participation.
L. Update on Proposed Sales Tax & Call for Projects Restructuring – 1:05 pm
- Local Return
- Performance Metrics
- Changes proposed to the Call for Projects
- ACTION: Provide direction on SBCCOG position in upcoming meetings
M. IT Equipment and Consulting Services – 1:20 pm
- Memos attached
- ACTION: Recommend staff execute contracts for the services and equipment to upgrade and enhance the IT operations for annual cost not to exceed $50,000 and one-time costs not to exceed $16,500 through the services and equipment provided by: Computer Solutions Group (CSG); TelePacific; and Civic Resource Group.
N. Approval of Invoices – available at the meeting – 1:25 pm
- ACTION: Approve invoices for payment
VII. STRATEGIC POSITIONING ITEMS/ANNOUNCEMENTS AND UPDATES
O. Sustainability updates – 1:30 pm
- Electric Vehicle Initiatives
- Comments submitted to CARB re: EV Incentives
- Update on ZEV project in multi-family dwellings
- Review of RTP/SCS – memo attached
P. Other updates since agenda distribution – 1:45 pm
NEXT STEERING COMMITTEE MEETING – Tuesday, January 11, 2016 @ 12:00 pm
PLEASE CONSULT WEBSITE IF YOU ARE NOT SURE ABOUT THE MEETING SCHEDULES