Steering Committee Meeting
September 14, 2020 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
The Steering Committee is scheduled to meet Monday, September 14th, 2020 via Zoom.
To ensure a quorum, please RSVP to email@example.com
To address the SBCCOG Steering Committee on any agenda item or a matter within the Steering Committee’s purview, please provide written comments by 11:00am, September 14, 2020 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All written comments submitted will become part of the official record. Unless otherwise noted in the Agenda, the Public can only provide written comment on SBCCOG related business that is within the jurisdiction of the SBCCOG and/or items listed on the Agenda which will be addressed during the Public Comment portion of the meeting (Item #IV).
ACCESSING THE MEETING:
Receive Zoom meeting credentials in advance of the meeting by using the below link:
To access the Zoom meeting, visit https://zoom.us/join or call (669) 900-9833 and use Meeting ID: 946 3244 4212; Passcode: 185297
I.CONFIRM THE QUORUM
II.REPORT OF POSTING OF AGENDA
- ACTION: Receive and file
III. ANNOUNCEMENTS OF ANY CHANGES TO THE AGENDA
V.CONSENT CALENDAR – action items noted, remainder are receive & file – 12:05 pm
- Contract and letter from city attached
- ACTION: Recommend Board approval
- Amendment attached
- ACTION: Recommend Board approve
D.Status of 2020 General Assembly Sponsorships
- 23 sponsorships totalling $71,000 have agreed that SBCCOG can keep their contribution
- 7 sponsorships totalling $17,750 have received refunds or didn’t send their payments
- 1 sponsor at $2,500 requested their contribution to rollover to 2021
- Gardena, Lawndale, Manhattan Beach & LA County
VI. ACTION ITEMS
G.Legislative Issues – 12:20 pm
- Legislative Briefing – Friday, October 16, 9 am – 10:30 am – CHANGED DATE
- Legislative Matrix – attached
- Propositions on the November Ballot – attached
a.ACTION: Recommend no position on the November 2020 ballot measures
a.ACTION: Recommend that more information be requested re: who is making the decisions for California Cities for Local Control before considering whether to join and discuss concepts in Torrance resolution and provide direction
H.AQMD Vacancy – 12:25 pm
- The South Bay’s current representative on the AQMD Board is Judy Mitchell and she is not running for re-election. Hermosa Beach Councilman Justin Massey is running to fill this position. Fact sheet attached
- There appears to be one other candidate – Cudahy Mayor Elizabeth Alcantar.
- ACTION: Recommend the Board endorse Justin Massey to fill the seat which will be vacant in December.
- September – Dr. Thomas Parham, President, Cal State Dominguez Hills – (draft agenda attached)
- October – Dr. Eric Daar, M.D. re: Coronavirus vaccine development. He is a Division Chief at Harbor and Professor of Medicine at UCLA School of Medicine, is an Infectious Disease specialist and has been selected by Dr. Fauci to be one of the directors of a Covid vaccine testing site.
- November – Pros & Cons on Balanced Energy?
- ACTION: Recommend programs of interest for Board presentations
J.3rd Special Board meeting – 12:35 pm
- ACTION: Provide direction
- Memo attached
- ACTION: Approve approach
- Memo attached
- ACTION: Recommend Board approve increasing salary tier levels that need to be brought into compliance with State law
M.Approval of Invoices – available at the meeting – 12:50 pm
- ACTION: Approve invoices for payment
VII. INFORMATION ITEMS
P.South Bay Fiber Network – 1:10 pm
Q.Tech Talks – 1:15 pm
- Subcommittee being created – Henderson, Kemps, Horvath
R.Update on Homeless Program and Innovation Project Funding – 1:20 pm
- Home Share South Bay (a new regional home sharing pilot program of the SBCCOG) – we are looking for a graduate intern to help with the implementation of this pilot project to help people find each other for home sharing to prevent someone from falling into homelessness or someone who is homeless. Soft launch in October.
- Pallet Shelters – FEMA funding
- Safe Parking – working on potential site
S.Update on Senior Services – 1:25 pm
- Next meeting of the Senior Services Working Group is on Tuesday, September 22nd from 9:30-11:30am via zoom.
- An overview of the plans for a stand-alone LA County Dept of Aging, as approved by Board of Supervisors will be presented
T. Regional Coyote Management – interest from Torrance and possibly Hermosa Beach – 1:30 pm
U.General Assembly Update – March 18, 2021 – 1:35 pm
W.CSUDH South Bay Economic Forecast will be held on Thursday, October 1, 2020, 2pm to 3:30pm, in a virtual ballroom. The theme this year is Adapting to Change: Thriving and Surviving Disruption. – we are a partnering organization – 1:45 pm
VIII. STRATEGIC POSITIONING ITEMS/ANNOUNCEMENTS AND UPDATES
- Other updates since agenda distribution – 1:50 pm
NEXT STEERING COMMITTEE MEETING – Monday, October 12, 2020 @ 12:00 pm via zoom